For the safety of you and our staff we have new guidelines to pertaining to Covid-19.
Steps we take:
- We disinfect all surfaces in our dental operatories, such as the dental chair, dental light, drawer handles and counter-tops, with medical grade disinfectants that kill 99.9% of all harmful bacteria and viruses.
- We use disposable protective coverings on high contact areas of our equipment which are disposed of and replaced after each patient visit.
- We sterilize non-disposable items such as dental tools and instruments between patients using hospital grade sterilization equipment. Our sterilization equipment is monitored and tested on a regular basis.
- We use appropriate protective equipment such as gloves, masks, gowns and eye-wear. This is called PPE or “Personal Protective Equipment” and this protects both the patient and the treatment team.
- We disinfect our hands in between every patient interaction, before putting on a new pair of gloves and mask.
What to expect on your next appointment:
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- When you arrive for your appointment, Should there be too many patients in the waiting room we will kindly ask you to stay in your car. Please call us 860-677-7753 upon arrival and a staff member will advise you on how to proceed.
- We ask that only the scheduled patient (or one parent if the patient is a minor) come into the office for their appointment.
- Per CDC guidelines a mask or cloth face covering is required by ALL patients and companions upon entering the building.
- We will take your temperature with a touch-less thermometer, anyone with a temperature greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit will need to be rescheduled for at least 14 days out. We are taking daily temperatures of all members of our staff during this time as well.
- We will not use the cavitron (ultrasonic scaler) during routine hygiene visits. This is designed to help limit everyone’s exposure to aerosol spray within our office.
Thank you for understanding and we will get through this together!
Dr. Chen and Farmington Dental Arts Staff